Idaho 5 gang

Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Grandpa
















We all knew this day would come just as we knew that grandma leaving would come also. It is hard to see them go but knowing that they have to. We can't keep them forever here but we can keep them forever in our hearts and in our memories. And that I do have alot of, memories of my grandpa. My grandpa was a quiet man with a great big heart. He never said much but showed us all how much he cared buy his actions. Nothing excited me more than to wake up in the top of the camper and hear the squeak of the door early in the morning - knowing that grandma and grandpa had taken us fishing. Many fishing trips and vacations in grandpa's truck and camper. My grandma once told me what her favorite memory was. Daralynn and I singing to the Neil Diamond 8 track tape in the camper at the top of our lungs. Mine is of watching grandpa drive his truck and talking on his CB. I thought that grandpa was the coolest talking on his CB to other truckers and his CB handle was Corn Flakes. My grandpa and his quiet strength helped with many projects at our home. Helping mom build fireplace hearths and building playhouses, picking worms so we could go to Disneyland, and right down to helping me buy my first car. I love every moment I got to spend with my grandpa and am very grateful that my kids got to spend some time with him and know him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

What a beautiful tribute to your very special grandfather. We have been thinking of you and your family and praying for your peace and comfort.

Much love,

August 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Stephanie!! I am sorry for your loss!! What a beautiful post, sounds like you have some incredible memories, and such great photos!! Hugs to you guys!!

September 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Above comment was made by me, Nance.

September 21, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home